Digital Captive

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Steve Irwin; a man worth remembering

I was deeply saddened by the death of Steve Irwin earlier this week. Not only was I a fan of his Crocodile Hunter show, I can’t imagine anyone not being a fan once they watched his zany antics, but I truly admired his passion for his work. I admit there were times I thought he’d gone off his rocker, but I don’t believe I’ve ever seen someone so totally enthused by his work.

I think everyone could learn a lesson from Steve, to do what you love, but to go beyond that, to be passionate about it. There is no doubt in my mind that Steve had fun every day he was working, even when it was a tough job like capturing an unruly croc. He made his job his life and shared his passion, not only with those he loved, but with the world.

If we could all take a chapter from the life of Steve Irwin and write that into the books of our own lives, well, we might just find the kind of passion for our own work that Steve found in his. I will always respect Steve Irwin for demonstrating to me, through his work, the kind of passion that I should have for mine.

Learn more about Steve Irwin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home